INTERESTED IN JOINING AST???
Here's what you can expect!!!
(Be sure to fill out the form on the right side of the page so we can contact you about becoming a member)
Alpha Sigma Tau believes that you are a member from the moment you accept your bid. You cannot and will not be refused by the sisterhood. You don’t need to prove yourself to us.
Be a part of something with VALUE
The purpose of Alpha Sigma Tau is to promote the ethical, cultural, and social development of its members.
The Key Values of Alpha Sigma Tau:
· True, Loyal Friendships
· Continuous Self Improvement
· Philanthropy and Social Service
· Character, Etiquette, and Courtesy
Be a part of something BIGGER
· Be a part of something much bigger than Trine University. Join with thousands of women across the country that share the same values, practice the same ritual, and love you as a sister!
· With nearly 130 active chapters in the US since its founding in 1899, Alpha Sigma Tau reaches women of all ages all across the country.
Join our effort to GIVE BACK
Our chapter actively promotes the following service projects:
· Pine Mountain Settlement School – a school in Kentucky servicing underprivileged children, offering intervention programs, and focusing on environmental education.
· Habitat for Humanity – a nonprofit organization fighting poverty housing and homelessness.
· Riley’s Children’s Hospital – a hospital in Indianapolis, IN dedicated to the critical needs of children.
Join our sisters for a unique campus EXPERIENCE
Deeper than friendship…this is family.
· Join a support system of sisters who care for you socially, emotionally, and academically.
· Our chapter is brand new and it’s growing! This means lots of growth, and many opportunities for leadership roles.
· We love to have fun! Join sisters for a fun night of games, crafts, basketball…you name it! We’d love to spend time with you!
What to expect of your New Member Program:
· Absolutely NO HAZING
· Required attendance at all chapter business meetings
o Sunday evenings 7pm; Fawick 117
· 6 Weeks of Weekly New Member meetings to learn about the National Sorority and study for the New Member Examination. (Time to be determined by the New Member Director and New Members’ schedules)
· A New Member Examination over basic AST values and National history.
· Full Participation in the sisterhood. As a new member you may:
o Wear Letters
o Attend all sisterhood functions
o Express your opinions and concerns fully
National Criteria for Initiation:
—Attended all required meetings
—Completed satisfactorily the new member program
—Passed the National New Member Examination with at least 80% accuracy
—Completed the 6 week new member program
—Maintained the required GPA
—Fulfilled National and local financial responsibilitiies